Important Notice for Medicare Patients
Medicare Open Enrollment for Part D Prescription Drug Plans is from October 15 – December 7, and we want to help you make sure that the plan you have meets your needs in 2020. If you have Medicare, please contact us for a free “Medicare Part D Check Up!”
Important changes to note:
December 7, 2019 Deadline for Medicare Open Enrollment for Part D Prescription Drug Plans
- Act now! Everyone must act before the December 7 deadline or you may not be able to switch plans until next year.
Online Medicare Account Creation
- Medicare now requires you to create a free ‘MyMedicare’ online account in order to do a Part D analysis. Staff and volunteers can help you do this.
New Medicare Card and New ID Number
- Everyone should have received a new Medicare card in the mail with a new ID number. Beginning in January 2020, your old Medicare card will not work, and you will have to show your new card to all of your healthcare providers. If you do not have a new card yet, contact Medicare at 1-800-633-4227 to confirm your address and ask them to send you a new card.
How can we help you?
Fill out the Medicare Part D Intake Form and return it to us by December 1, 2019.
How to return your form (You only need to submit one way):
- Email: Scan and send the completed form to Lee Hicks at email@example.com
- Fax: Fax the intake form to 202.939.7651
- Drop Off: You can drop off the completed intake form with a member of our client services team or our Public Benefits and Insurance team at any of the following locations:
- Whitman-Walker Health, 1525 14th Street NW
- Whitman-Walker at LIZ, 1377 R Street NW, Suite 200
- Max Robinson Center, 2301 MLK Jr. Ave. SE
- Mail: Send the completed intake form to our NEW Legal Services offices at:
- Attention: Whitman-Walker Legal Services, 1377 R Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009
Once we receive your form, we will be in touch before Open Enrollment ends to review your options. You can also come to one of our Medicare Part D clinics. Please call our Legal Services program at 202.939.7627 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
On behalf of Whitman-Walker Health Legal Services, we hope that you are doing well and look forward to working with you this Medicare Part D season!