We apply and extend our expertise in LGBTQ health and wellness by offering clinical training and internships to medical and behavioral health practitioners; and by offering LGBTQ competency education to licensed professionals, students, agency staff and community.
We provide training to health care professionals and entities, government agencies, attorneys and law firms, non-profit organizations, educators, and many others.
About our trainings:
- Trainings are available in several formats including: two-hour introductory workshops, four-hour core trainings, or comprehensive day-long gatherings.
- We are glad to work with you to customize trainings. Note: Some core competency trainings and those that offer continuing education credits may not be as customizable.
- The cost of our trainings varies based on session length, location, number of trainers, and whether the training offers continuing education credits.
- Special note about DC’s LGBTQ Cultural Competency CEU requirement for licensed professionals: in 2016 DC passed a law requiring all licensed professionals to complete 2 Continuing Education hours in LGBTQ cultural competency as part of the relicensing process. Whitman-Walker offers affordable trainings to help meet this requirement.
- Clinical Cultural Competency with Sexual and Gender Minorities – (introductory level) – (meets DC 2 credit LGBTQ Continuing Education requirement
- Clinical Cultural Competency with Sexual and Gender Minorities – (longer, more advanced training that includes CE’s)
- Cultural Competence with LGBTQ Seniors
- Cultural Competency with Sexual and Gender Minorities (general audience, no CE)
- Cultural Competency with Transgender and Gender-Expansive Persons
- Cultural Competency with Sexual and Gender Minority Youth